Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vermont Workshop

I could use a few more students for my workshop at the Southern Vermont Art Center, on March 1st through 3rd. I only have a few students signed up, so if you would like to be in a small workshop and receive lots of personal attention here is your chance. Below is the course description from their site.

Snow Painting with Stapleton Kearns

Stapleton will lead an outdoor plein air class emphasizing how to create better compositions in your paintings. Learn how to use design to bring home more exciting paintings rather than matter-of-fact inventories of the scene before you. Special emphasis will be placed on painting snow (which is not white!) and working effectively and comfortably outside in the winter. This is not an outward bound class! Stapleton gets cold easily, but has learned how to work happily in winter weather. Provisions will be made for those with cold feet that need to take a warm up break, and no one will be expected to freeze for their art! Stapleton will do a morning Art demo, explaining the methods he has learned in his thirty years of painting outside on location. In the afternoon the students will make their own paintings while individual instruction will be given to each of the participants. The afternoon will be followed by an invitation to dinner for all the workshop students at which time the art of painting and the business of art will be discussed and diagrammed on napkins… Comparisons will be drawn from the works of great master landscapes of history, and ideas that have been handed down to us from those artists will be demonstrated and explained. This class is open to any level of expertise. Minimum 6/Maximum 12 students. Download the materials list HERE.

Here is where to sign up.

6 comments:

adebanji said...

So wish I was around to be there!

Vicki said...

How about watercolor? Is that impossible out in cold weather?

Lazarox said...

that good news about the workshop ... qeu hurts more than you want me to be impossible to attend ...
I like your drawings! very good post!
Greetings from juegos de vestir

Donald Jurney said...

How did the workshop go? Certainly no frostbite! I appreciate your posts, especially as a new blogger. Please keep up the good work. We all benefit.

Todd Bonita said...

Hi Stape,
Everybody in the blogosphere emailed me today and told me to tell Stape we miss him. I'm sure your busy but it's your fault for starting this...I need a fix man. I hope you're well. I heard you mentioned on Artust helping Artust today and thought I'd let you know.
All the best

Diane Mannion said...

Miss you Stape! Hope you're well and hurry back here.